By William Butler Yeats, George M. Harper, Walter K. Hood
1925. Contents: a packet for Ezra Pound; tales of Michael Robartes and his pals: an extract from a list made via his students; levels of moon; nice wheel; accomplished image; soul in judgment; nice 12 months of ancients; dove or swan; all soul's evening, an epilogue. With many figures and illustrations.
Read Online or Download A Critical Edition of Yeats' ''A Vision'' PDF
Best nonfiction_3 books
Sufism is usually considered as status mystically aloof from its wider cultural settings. through turning this angle on its head, Indian Sufism because the 17th Century unearths the politics and poetry of Indian Sufism during the research of Islamic sainthood in the middle of a sophisticated Indian society comprising migrants, squaddies, litterateurs and princes.
Do you know that an grownup has 639 muscular tissues of their physique? Or that your lungs breathe out and in 22,000 occasions an afternoon? With interesting proof and illustrations, diagrams to label and thoroughly levelled textual content for newbie readers, kids research all approximately their physique and the way it really works.
This variation is split into elements. half One provides commonly assorted contributions from 23 global specialists, on such issues as: Microbicides in regards to the connection among chemical constitution and mode of motion and job; learn and improvement in attention of registration approaches; Legislative points.
- API RP 1165 Recommended Practice for Pipeline SCADA Displays
- T2 fund 2010 annual letter
- Statistical ecology: a primer on methods and computing, Volume 1
- Collecting, preparing, and preserving insects, mites, and spiders (The Insects and arachnids of Canada)
Additional info for A Critical Edition of Yeats' ''A Vision''
2. THE DANCE OF THE FOUR ROYAL PERSONS By OWEN AHERNE MICHAEL ROBARTES gives the following account of the diagram called " The Great Wheel " in Giraldus. A Caliph who reigned after the death of Harun Al-Raschid discovered one of his companions climbing the wall that encircled the garden of his favourite slave, and because he had believed this companion entirely devoted to his interests, gave himself up to astonishment. After much consideration he offered a large sum of money to any man who could explain human nature so completely that he should never be astonished again.
ROBARTES When the moon's full those creatures of the full Are met on the waste hills by country men Who shudder, and hurry by : body and soul 10 Estranged amid the strangeness of themselves, Caught up in contemplation, the mind's eye Fixed upon images that once were thought, For separate, perfect, and immovable Images can break the solitude 15 Of lovely, satisfied, indifferent eyes. And thereupon with aged, high-pitched voice Aherne laughed, thinking of the man within, His sleepless candle and laborious pen.
I tried to forget my sorrow in wine, but in a few weeks I had tired of that, and then, with some faint stirring of the old interest I went to Cracow, partly because of its fame as a centre of printing, but more I think because Dr. Dee and his friend Edward Kelly had in Cracow practised alchemy and scrying. There I took up with a fiery handsome girl of the poorer classes, and hired a couple of rooms in an old tumble-down house. One night I was thrown out of bed and when I lit my tallow candle found that the bed, which had fallen at one end, had been propped up by a joint stool and an old book bound in calf.